PayTM Mall Used Items - Quick Look



Today I happened to visit the PayTM website to check something else and stumbled upon their Used Gadgets Store. This is a quick experience of me being in this store.

With used gadgets or items there is a risk where you may get an item which may not last long or has been recently repaired; however with the popular e-commerce platforms offering these used gadgets ensure that even if these are repaired they are done by the manufacturing company’s experts or authorized technicians and done as per quality standards.

The main idea behind going for these products is to get them at a cheaper rate and we may not be using it for a long time or we specifically want the product but can’t afford the new box pack pricing.

Now in PayTM’s store I went to look for headphones as I was looking to have an over the ear headphone for listening to music. I saw it was offering a headphone for 68% discount for Rs. 949/- The discount displayed nowadays is just a normal pricing trick and most of the electronic items are offered at pricing lesser than their MRP.


Now the discount, though not realistic, seemed to be appealing. So I thought let's compare it with a new one and see how much I actually save. I went to Amazon and checked the pricing and I was awestruck.


The pricing difference between both was merely Rs.50/- which was not even 5% less over the new box pack pricing. With electronics even if you open a new box packing and return it back that amounts to a 15-20% reduction in the price returned back to you. Now if you are selling repaired or used items I will expect at least 50% less price offering.

I feel e-commerce stores should check what they are offering and how they are placed along with their competition. This can improve their worth in the market and can get ahead in competition especially if they have good offerings.

Hope you liked my article, do let me know if you benefitted in any way by reading it. Your comments and suggestions are always welcome!


Note : This is in no way a sponsored article


Comments